Alpha Racing gear shift linkage safety washer

Had to create a special washer for the Alpha Racing gear shift linkage to ensure the gear shift arm won’t move on the splined shaft. The tab fits into a groove in the shaft. It’s amazing how things rattle loose with racing conditions.

Also using adaptive roughing in NXCam to see how hard/fast/brave I can push the PocketNC. Very happy with the machines performance with the amount of data that was being processed.

IMG_6590.dng (15.1 MB)

Please check my previous posts if you have questions about the double action vice and adapter. It’s a great addition for work holding.

Appreciate the adapter file you shared previously. I’ll about to do a remix where I use low profile socket heads to lower the vice (evry mm helps!).
Interestingly there is also a 4x adapter out there for Syil X7 that is the same diameter without the pocketing which when I discovered on gfabcad there are 2 Paf54’s and one has different mounting hole alignments ………Anyway measure 1 2 3 times.

1 Like

If you don’t mind can you share the cad file once you’ve sorted it out?
cheers

No problem once I verify with a quick print - waiting on some fasteners to show I ordered - I noted which is why I ended up doing a remix that the outer mo’s on your file do not line up with my Xi dian Paf 54 (ther’s also 2 versions both different baseplate designs on grabcad so going with the physical item I got of AliX

If you have material left on the sides of the rebate like I did I made sure to cut all edges in the same quadrant of the machine. Made it position accurate regardless of rotation position when the vice is mounted. I wanted to remove the slight rotation deviation of the b-axix

Hi
No problem to share but not 100% sure what you mean by cutting the edges
I’d mentioned previously there seems to discrepancies between some of the grabcad PAF 54 base plate holes
I’m basing my modifications on the xin dian vice of aliexpress

I designed my fixture undersize so I could use the rotation of the B axis to finish the rebate size exactly and remove any errors during the 3D printing process.