Fusion 360 Solo Post Processor

Currently for each program I post to the Solo, I manually edit the gcode to remove all references to B axis -180 degree movements ( to positive 180) and I simply delete all references to A0 from the posted code, then things work alright. Currently I am only doing 3+1 operations, to access the backside of objects and machine down to tabs.

I imagine this is because the post is tuned for the pocketnc v210.

I have started to learn about editing the post processor, but it is a bit daunting, and there seems like a lot which could go wrong. Have I missed a more straightforward configuration step in my CAM generation?

I am using Fusion 360, manufacturing extension installed, Penta Machine post. Penta Machine post:
$Revision: 44145 4f7aaa6c97df2d49db23603652fb3cf23f709aa1 $
$Date: 2024-09-19 10:09:13 $

We’ve been working with Fusion 360 to update their post for the Solo and haven’t yet had a chance to test their official library post (this is the first I’ve heard of it being released!). In the past, there has been a drop down list where you select the machine you’d like to post for on the right hand side of the post window. In their official library post, though, it looks like they’ve removed that option in favor of using the “Use machine configuration” checkbox on the left hand side of the post processing window and selecting the appropriate machine in the drop down list below that. We haven’t tested this version of the post yet, so let us know how it goes!

If you’d like to try the post we’ve used for our internal testing, you can use this one:
penta-machine-2024-06-27-09-10-45-fed8d2df71d2c1936768d271bfa3b4cfab03619e.cps (114.2 KB)
With this post, you’ll select the Solo from the drop down list on the right hand side:

Thanks! Using the machine configuration works much better. I had avoided it as it was recommended against in the online course.

Currently, the machine configuration has the base table as the reference. I have been able to find and load the Schunk vise, but it without jaws(!). Is there a machine model which includes the vise with jaws? It seems like this would make the simulation and tool interference for example more useful and realistic. Thus far I have only made minor gouges, but it would be great to avoid the vise altogether. : )

Hey @CStokes,

You can get a model of the Schunk mini vise here. There are several other versions of jaws that can go on that vise body and those should be available on Schunk’s website.