Hidden G92 offsets leads to limit errors

Here is how I have the tool aligned.

Ok, in this picture you have a Y and A offset under G92. Did you try running G92.1? That should clear those. You should only be using G5X offsets. In later versions of Kinetic Control, the G92 column is hidden.

WOW, after all that it turns out you are exactly correct there were some G92 offsets in there causing all of my problems. I promise I never touched or manipulated those values, thru multiple reboots, but I also never cleared them either. All I had to do is zero them all out, and now the machine is behaving as normal. After spending the better part of 2 days on this you can not even imagine the excitement that I feel right now. Thanks John, I think I owe you lunch!

Glad we were able to find the issue! It’s hard to say how those got in there (and there seems to be an issue with properly showing the offsets when they are there), but it may be worth updating to a newer version of Kinetic Control to hide that column to avoid accidental modification of the G92 offsets.

A tutorial for how to update can be found here: https://pentamachine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KCUR/pages/1738571781/Kinetic+Control+Software+Update+Tutorial

1 Like

Look at those beautiful little parts!

2 Likes

Awesome. Nice work, Trevor!

1 Like

I had a similar issue with g92 offsets out of nowhere after letting the machine sit. Might be a bug of some sort