Real Duration Output

How could I output the duration of each toolpath of the NC program in the message log?
I would like to optimize the time estimation in the CAM program.

Does your CAM program give you an estimated cycle time for each operation? SprutCAM, which I use, does and I’d have guessed that most decentt CAM products would as well.

There’s not a built in way to do this, but if you’re willing to edit your G code you could create a custom M code that outputs a time or something like that.

Hello @WilWeber
This calculation needs the machines kinematic properties input into the machine simulation and run with g-code simulation. The machine simulator needs to know the acceleration etc. of the real machine. Its not an easy problem to get accurate. Generally people work on what the cam software gives them and multiplies by a factor to get a close value. Production machining has cycle time per step for really accurate path planning.
The Siemens NX post and machine simulation has this mostly setup.
regards
TP

There’s not a built in way to do this, but if you’re willing to edit your G code you could create a custom M code that outputs a time or something like that.

That would be perfect. I only miss the code to count the time per M code :wink:

It would of course also be great to see an estimated progress of the current toolpath and all toolpaths, but just printing out the actual consumed time for each toolpath is sufficient.

Yes I know. This is the reason I want to dump out the actual times in order to define this factor.

I know NX and even there exist differences depending on the machine type due to e.g. pass ptp

We do have more plans for the History tab to log this sort of information, so I appreciate you posting a request for this. I’ll add the info from your request to the ticket.