Warm-up during machining

Hi, I see many topics are related, but I will create separate ones for each problem/question.
After over an hour of running(milling) the control software decided to do short 10min warm-up because the spindle wasn’t used for more than 12hours. This happened just after I changed endmill after over hour of constant milling.

After I performed the warm-up it reset progress in milling and I have to start from the beginning, which is problematic and time consuming.
Typical bug in software :slight_smile:

Hi @piotr,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We agree, it is likely a software bug that is causing the witnessed behavior.

Our software team is now aware of the issue and plans to look into it as soon as they can.

Best,
Q

Hi Q,
thanks for acknowledge, I will try to find all bugs :smile:

regards,
Piotr

Also on this subject, the spindle speed factor set in KC should not affect warm-up speeds, imagine 40k warm up cycle with 200% multiplier :boom:.
I hope it won’t be driven above limitations, but this is ruining idea of warm-up with speed gradient if I accidently/intentionally change spindle speed factor before warming-up cycle and it can start from 30k right away.
regards,
Piotr