Connection issue V2-10

Using a win10 laptop to connect to a V2-10 i have been given, the pocket nc powers on and you get the flashing e stop light on the machine but i cant connect via the mini usb, i can see various blue leds flashing on the beaglebone but when i try and connect (192.168.7.2) all I get is error connection timed out. I have cycled it on and off and done some trouble shooting going through stuff listed in the user manual even downloading the beaglebone drivers (bone_D64.exe) although i get install fails there. I have seen stuff relating to RNDIS drivers but am not sure how to proceed. Any ideas ideas or diagnosis gratefully received

Thanks

Depending on the age of the Pocket NC V2-10, it might be time to flash the software to a newer version. Send an email to service@pocketnc.com, and I’ll send you a link to the newest software version along with instructions on how to load it on the machine’s BeagleBone Board.

Sent email as requested. Thanks

I have not seen the email yet. Can you try to resend an email to service@pocketnc.com. Thank you.

Have resent it, hopefully it gets to you

Thanks