Spindle is Loose?

Hi all,

The spindle on my Pocket NC (V2-50CHB) seems to be loose. I am able to pull the whole spindle out of the collet on the machine - see pictures below. I can also rotate it pretty freely (which makes locking and unlocking the collet difficult). It previously has not been this loose. Around the time it started I’ve also seen some issues with the z-axis.

Is there any way I can re-tighten the spindle so it stays in place?

Hello and welcome to the community!

V2-50 spindles are secured in place with an ER40 collet. The tightness of that collet depends on the lock ring (the light-colored aluminum ring with evenly spaced holes around the spindle and collet). To tighten the lock ring, you will need the ER40 wrench that likely came with your machine (it looks like a small wrench with two screws in the arms that align with the hole pattern on the lock ring). Use this wrench to tighten the ring hand tight or where you find is suitable.

If you do not have a wrench for some reason, you can buy a replacement direct from our website here or you can send us a direct message at info@pocketnc.com so we can discuss shipping details.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Matt Rounds
Support Engineer
Pocket NC
www.pocketnc.com

1 Like

Tightened the spindle and everything is holding in place again.

Thanks for the help Matt.

Happy to help! One pointer worth noting is that with a V2-50 you can adjust the position of the spindle after loosening to get a little more reach or retract distance for a given tool.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Matt Rounds
Support Engineer
Pocket NC
www.pocketnc.com