How to cut the part from the stock in first part tutorial?

Hi MMBB,

Am I understanding correctly that you would like to know how to separate (part off) the machined block from the rest of the stock?

If so, the simplest solution is to use a contour tool path on each side to cut in from each side until only a small pedestal is left and the part can broken off of the stock.

Q Rothing
Applications Engineer, Pocket NC

Thanks!This is a really easy problem but I’m a new guy to use this machine.

Hey, could you please give me some screenshot or anything else to teach me how to cut in from each side. I use the contour tool path but it can’t spawn a tool path.

Hi MMBB,

The way I typically do this is to go back to the “Design” workspace and add a sketch of a box that represents the pocket or groove I want to remove to create a small pedestal. Then you can constrain your toolpath to “inside boundary” and it will only cut within your box. Typically a pocket operation or adaptive clearing is what I use. I then use a 4X circular pattern so the same cut happens on all four sides and leaves me with the square pedestal in the middle. Please see the attached images.

Thank you,

Matt Rounds

Applications Engineer, Pocket NC

I have attached a Fusion 360 file that demonstrates the approach I mentioned above. The contour was made for one side and then patterned, that is is why it is nested under "Part Off [Circular].

Hopefully this helps but if you feel like you could use a bit more explanation I would suggest doing a quick search on Youtube for “Fusion 360 Contour Toolpath”. There are a lot of very informative videos on the subject.

Best,
Q

Scratcher Holder - Program v45.f3z (1.2 MB)

Thank you! I will try this method!

Thanks a lot! I will check this file!